Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Middletown, CA

We made it to Middletown for niece Stevie's wedding. After 275 mile drive on the 101 that was a combination of freeway, redwood forest, tight turns, ocean cliffs and city streets with traffic lights. We pulled into the Hidden Valley Campground at about 3:00pm. It is a county park type setting with full 50 amp hookups. There is only one other motorhome in the campground.

Site 24
We have an end site, but the other campers are completely on the other end of our row. It is really hot here. Yesterday it was 106 degrees and today it topped out at 100 Degrees. Both air conditioners are blasting full! It cools off at night so the air turns off.

Suzie was in Santa Rosa getting supplies for the restaurant so we got something to eat at the Jolly Kone and then kicked back at the trailer. Suzie came by at about 9:00pm. It was good to see her, it's been awhile. 

Here is another picture of our site.

HVHA campground
Today the girls went to Clear Lake to do some shopping for the wedding. I was invited to go, but I think it was a courtesy invite. Patty and Suzie needed some sister time, and I didn't mind the alone time either. I went outside to do some maintenance on the trailer and I saw a family of deer. They were right in front of the trailer, where the above picture was taken. I went inside to get the camera and they had moved to the other side of my truck. The sun made glare so the picture is whitewashed, but you can see them.

Deer
Patty, Suzie, and Stevie got back and unloaded some groceries. They all left to go to their restaurant. (Boars Breath). I may ride the scooter over there in a few because I have never seen the restaurant.

I may not update every day while we are here, because we are not site seeing here. Will let you know if anything big happens!

God Bless you all and we love you!
Brian and Patty


2 comments:

Terri said...

Enjoy your family time.

Brian and Patty said...

Thanks Terri!

We'll see you in September. :)