Monday, July 29, 2013

Soledad Canyon Thousand Trails. Acton, Ca

We arrived at Soledad Canyon Thousand Trails in Acton, Ca on Wednesday, July 17th. We will be here for 20 days. This is not our favorite park, but it is still fairly close to Ventura and it does not cost us to stay in the system after we pay our annual dues.

We are traveling back to Oxnard for church on Sunday's and then staying to visit the kids until late. We then drive back Sunday evening. Patty is driving back sometime during the week also for some more baby time.

I am getting a couple eye procedures done. My tear duct is blocked and Dr. Chang will cut that, as well as getting cataract surgery in my left eye. Dr. Chang did my right eye last year right after I retired and he did such a great job, I am excited about getting it done in my right eye!

Friday July 19th we drove back to get my pre-op done for the surgery and for Dr. Chang to do the tear duct procedure. It actually hurt more to do the tear duct then the cataract surgery but I'm glad I got it done.

Monday July 29th I get the cataract surgery. We will stay at Crystals house overnight Sunday because I need to be at the surgery center at 7:30 am. Depending how I feel we may go home to Acton or stay one more night at Crystal and James' house. I have a followup on Tuesday but not until about 1:00 pm. I may sleep better in my own bed.

We feel blessed that Crystal and James invite us to stay over! We really thank them for that!!

I had heard about a road in Lancaster called the 'Musical Road'. Honda had built it for a commercial for the Honda car. They cut grooves in the road so when you drive over it at 55 mph it plays the William Tell Overture through your car tires.

The problem is that houses were near and it is kinda loud. The City of Lancaster eventually paved over the grooves. A lot of people were not happy about that, so they re-cut the grooves in a street further out of town away from houses.

Musical Road Ahead!
The road has three lanes. Only the fast lane has the grooves cut into it.

Musical Road
Notice that the sign tells you which lane to be in.

This Lane please!
Here is a video we took on the phone of us driving on the Musical Road. We did it several times. We later went back and did it at 70 mph and thought it sounded better. It still is pretty cool here at 55 mph!



Just click on the video and you should be able to see the video of the musical road.

That's it for today!

Love you,
Brian and Patty

No comments: