Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Baby Gracie is born!!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. We are now here in Santa Paula, CA. at the Mountain View RV park.

Mountain View RV Park
It is a very nice park. Great managers who keep it pristine. They even have hot tub which I have not been able to use because.....

As we were packing up in Palm Springs to come here I fell in a gopher hole and broke my metatarsal bone in my right foot. The first diagnoses from the x-ray tech and also the attending doctor was that I also broke my calcaneus bone which is a weight bearing bone. This was devastating news because with Grace on the way and living in the 5th wheel, it would make me immobile. My doctor set me an appointment for the following week to meet with Dr. Emily Benson the director of the Orthopedic Center 5 days later. My foot was placed in a splint and I had crutches until then. Much prayer later and Dr. Benson could not understand what others were seeing!!!! Praise God! My calcaneus bone was perfect! My metatarsal bone was broken in the "best place possible" for best healing. 
A walking cam boot was prescribed and I can now walk around without crutches! She first said I needed to wear it always for 6 weeks except showering. After three weeks I could quit wearing it bed. 
I had an appointment 1 week later. New x-rays were taken and she allowed me to take it off to sleep! Awesome!! 

Now the real reason you have stuck around to read the blog! On 10-30-12 at 8:27 pm Grace Michaela Hill decided to join us! She is the third generation born at CMH. Well actually when Patty and I were born there it was called E.P. Foster..

Crystal and Grace
Grace was 8.4 lbs. and 21". She is a beautiful and healthy baby. (just like her momma)!

Kissing baby
Great grandpa Flay (my dad) got a great birthday present yesterday! Yep, it was his birthday yesterday. On my dad's 84th birthday he got the ultimate gift, his first great grandchild! That's him closest to the camera. Also in the picture is Great grandma Claire (Flay's wife), Great grandma Rosemarie (my mom and Flay's first wife), and Great Aunt Cynthia (Patty's Sister).


We are going back to see Grace at the hospital now. More pictures to follow.

Love you all!
Brian and Patty


No comments: