Monday, September 17, 2012

Just checking in

Just a few words to let you all know that we are still here!
The scooter had been running hot, or so I thought since the day we bought it. It is particularly bad idling, or stop and go riding on hot days, or riding up steep hills. It would teeter in the red on the gaugue and on hot day's nail itself against the hot all the way.  I did notice the fan did not turn on until it pegged all the way, which bothered me. The scooter is liquid cooled and we weren't loosing any anti-freeze.
There is a scooter/radiator shop in Lancaster which I thought would be a perfect fit to look at it.
They had a $50.00 diagnostic charge that if I had them fix it would go towards it.
Two days later, on Friday they called. Turns out the needle on the gaugue was loose and out of adjustment. The scooter never did actually run hot.
The diagnostic fee covered their work completely so we got off cheap! Thank you Jesus! Rode back in 100+° heat up the 14 and the gaugue never read past half.
Saturday Patty went to Jessica (Will Meade's girlfriend)  baby shower. We spent the night at James and Crystal's and then went to church with Matthew and Uncle Milo. Milo really liked our church and is coming back next week when Matt is playing worship.
While I was at mom's house Saturday showing her pictures from our trip I was looking at her driveway. Talking to her about my concerns about the electricity at the garage she told me her ex-husband wired it. There is NO way I am hooking up my expensive home to that! Even properly wired would have worried me. We have found a mobile home park in Santa Paula that also has RV parking for a reasonable rate with 50 amp power and full hook ups that we checked out today. Turns out Patty knows them from when she was on the radio during United Blood Services days. Stick Boys parents own it.
Tomorrow we will call Stick Mom and try and reserve October, November, and December.
That's it for tonight,
Love you all,
Brian and Patty

No comments: